Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Wet but Wonderful Weekend

I'm not going to lie...this week wasn't great. But there were some high points! For instance...

First thing Wednesday morning I was trying to deliver a calf at the office. I was dressed in rubber boots and coveralls and covered in...well...the things you are covered in when trying to pull a calf. A small animal client came up to the barn saying she needed to speak with me. I had seen her and her dog the Friday and Saturday before and while working the dog up we discovered that her platelets were REALLY low. They came back in Wednesday for a recheck- the dog was feeling much better and her platelets were back up within normal limits! The client was determined to see me so she could tell me the news and thank me. She even gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek- me dressed in OB gear and all! It was a much needed confidence boost, especially during a tough week. It was one of those moments that is giving me hope that this whole being a vet thing is going to work out after all.

Thursday was my day off which was spent cleaning the house and preparing for the weekend. I finally got to put up the wreath I made last weekend...

Like everyone else, I love fall! We've got some mums and pumpkins out on the front porch steps too, but it's been too wet to snap a pic of them.

Friday I was in Small Animal and I was anxious for the work day to end- my in-laws had arrived and we were heading to the Riverheads Homecoming football game. It had been a while since we had seen Ray and Georgia. And who doesn't love a high school homecoming game!? Unfortunately, the wet weather continued Friday night so Georgia and I left the game after they crowned the homecoming king and queen. The fellas toughed it out and stayed through the end. Saturday morning was #4 out of 4 working Saturdays in a row. I'm quite relieved that little marathon is over for a while! After finishing up at the clinic, we took my in-laws to Country Cookin for lunch then headed to Mt. Crawford for the Green Valley Book Fair. Clark, Ray, and Georgia all love to read. I will pick up a book occasionally. I thought it would be great fun for them and a chance to do some Christmas shopping...and it was! There were thousands and thousands of books for pretty great prices. We got out of there with a couple of sacks of books and just a small dent in our wallets. Later that night we went to a late dinner at The Depot. The food was delicious, but the wait was longer than expected and, sadly, very sadly, they ran out of praline pumpkin cheesecake! Oh well, guess that means we will have to go back soon! :) 

Sunday morning we debated a bit about where to have breakfast. We decided you can never go wrong with Cracker Barrel. After a late breakfast we stopped by Sunspots Studios so Ray and Georgia could see the glass blowing and beautiful pieces of art. You can't help but wish you had a few extra hundred dollars lying around when you go in there. This visit they had BEAUTIFUL glass pumpkins- and I wanted a whole patch!Wishful thinking! And probably not a logical investment for a house full of animals; but a girl can dream! Ray and Georgia hit the road around lunch time and we spent the afternoon watching football, catching up with family and friends, and resting up for the upcoming week.

I'm anticipating a better week and hope you all have a great one as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment