Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Change is in the Air

To say I've been on a blogging hiatus would be an understatement. It's not that life hasn't been worth writing about, but frankly that I haven't felt like writing about it. Even before starting the blog last year I was hesitant in fear of:
  • Failing to keep up with it- CHECK
  • The feeling of, "Me, Me, Me.... blah, blah, blah... Us, Us, Us... blah, blah, blah..."- CHECK
  • Does anyone even care?***- TBD
***Not seeking attention and reassurance, but are these details of an average (but wonderful) life REALLY worth writing about and could I (and the reader) be doing something different/better with my (their) time???***

And honestly, I went through a spell of discouragement. As I was approaching a year into practice I couldn't help but think, "I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR ALMOST A YEAR NOW, WHY ISN'T THIS ANY EASIER!!!???" I wanted to know it all and wanted to know it now! When talking with others, I found that this was a common feeling for anyone reaching the one year mark in their career. I had to accept that vet-med is tough, especially when doing mixed animal practice. I also had to remember that I work in a large practice where there is always someone to discuss cases with. While I still don't know everything, I've certainly learned a lot in a year! 

But change is on the horizon in the Adams household and it's time for an update. For a brief highlight of the year:
  • Winter was cold. And snowy. They have promised us it was an abnormal season. We're hoping so, but this winter's forecast isn't looking much better! 

  • Spring was busy: preparing for and then the actual Market Animal Show; Clark helped to coach JV Baseball at Riverheads; crazy schedule of a large animal veterinarian; Oh, and Clark was head of the Prom Committee :) 
  • Summer: Clark stayed busy with FFA activities and we got to take a short trip to the Homestead Resort.
Despite the gloomy skies, this place is stunning! 
 

I should also probably mention that...
Clark is now a full time Ag Teacher and part time Technology Teacher! This has been such an incredible blessing for us! We have been attending Calvary Baptist Church and trying to get more involved in service for Christ and meet more believers. In my most recent attempt to find a hobby, I have dabbled in Crossfit. It. Is. TOUGH! I don't know that it's a sustainable form of exercise for me, but I'm going to go as long as I can. 

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been experiencing what I call our "First Round of Seconds;" our second Augusta County Fair, Highland Country Fair, Riverheads Young Farmers Summer Picnic, etc. It's really incredible what a difference a year makes. This was most apparent at the Augusta County Fair where this year I knew more people than I didn't know. It was such a reassuring feeling and another step in making Virginia feel like "home."

Speaking of home, I mentioned before that change is headed our way. As of last week, Clark and I are no longer home owners! We finally sold our house in NC! I was afraid to make any internet proclamations until after the closing. Now that we are mortgage free we are officially on the house hunt here. Please join us in praying that we will be patient and God's will will be apparent throughout our search. 

Unfortunately, I am so far behind I cannot talk about important visits home, visitors here, and other various events including friends getting married and having babies. Please know that those are all treasured moments for us they are just too numerous to recount at this point. I will do my best to keep everyone posted as we move forward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment