Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

"First" Visitors!

Today we had our "first" visitors! I use the term "first" loosely because Clark's parents helped us move up on Wednesday (thanks Ray and Georgia!). My aunt, Linda, cousin, Erin, and her daughter, Lauren were passing through Staunton on their way home from Pennsylvania so we met them in town! On their trip up to PA, the ladies stopped at this neat place in Staunton called Sunspots Studios & Glassblowing.
I'm super bummed that this pic is sideways.
 I obviously can't figure out how to turn it.
It's even saved correctly on my computer! 


Here they had blown their own glass ornaments but had to leave them over the week so they could finish setting. That gave them a great excuse to stop back in town and see us! In the studio they had beautiful (and expensive) art on display! I'm so glad I learned more about Sunspot and that they actually let patrons blow glass. I mean, who doesn't want to do that at least once in their life! I can't wait to go back sometime and give it a try!


After getting their ornaments and looking around the studio, we went to lunch at Byers Street Bistro. This is the very first place Clark and I ate at in Staunton when we came for my interview.



Our food was excellent that first night and we knew that if things worked out for us to move to Stuanton, we might be regulars there! The bistro is located just across the street from Sunspots so it worked out great to go back. I had the Savannah burger-topped with a fried green tomato and homemade pimento cheese! It was delicious and everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal as well.





On the way into the restaurant we noticed a bunch of tents set up and realized that it was a farmers market.

 After eating we walked around briefly because most of the vendors were packing up for the day. From what we could see there was fresh cut flowers, produce, meat (including lamb), and baked goods for sale. I look forward to taking advantage of the fresh, local goods.

It was so great to have family visit today! It makes me even more excited to have additional family and friends come up so we can show them around Stuanton. It also makes me want to get out and explore the town even more so we know all the best places to take our guests. So what are you waiting for, come see us!

Y'all come back now, ya hear!





No comments:

Post a Comment